Help & F.A.Q.s
Frequently asked questions
- What is PCS?
PCS is an acronym for the Pacelli Catholic Schools. To learn more about PCS, visit the PCS Website at:
- What is scrip?
Scrip is basically a substitute for money. In the past we referred to the gift certificates and gift cards we sold as "scrip", but now just call them "gift cards". Gift cards are issued by merchants as a convenient way for people to give merchandise or services to others. We sell gift cards to PCS families for every day use as a way to earn money to offset the costs of Catholic education to parents and the local parishes.
- What is the PCS Gift Card Program?
The PCS Gift Card Program offers for sale gift cards redeemable at participating merchants. Gift cards can be used instead of cash or credit cards to buy food, gas, entertainment, clothing, etc., all the things you need and buy every day. And, if you buy these every day items using PCS gift cards, you can help to pay your PCS Family Fee, earn credit toward your child's tuition, or contribute to a parish or family in need at Pacelli Catholic Schools. This is because PCS can buy the gift cards at a discount (ranging from 2 - 20 %) and then sell them to you at face value, which means a "profit" that can be shared with you and the schools.
- How does the Program work?
PCS purchases gift cards from a national supplier and local businesses at discounts ranging anywhere from 2 - 20%. The gift cards are then sold to parents, friends of the school system, and parishioners at face value. The difference between the discounted price and the face value is the "profit" that is realized upon the sale of these cards. For example, PCS purchases one $100 gift card at a 5% discount. PCS pays $95.00 for it and sells it to you, the customer, for $100, which you can, in turn, spend on $100 of merchandise. A $5.00 "profit" has been made.
This "profit" on each sale is then used to help defer the high costs of educating your child. First, 100% of the profit you earn is applied to your Family Fee obligation (normally $400). Then "profit" you earn beyond your Family Fee is split 50-50 between you and PCS, with your 50% being applied as a credit to your tuition obligation, and the other 50% going to support the PCS System. Some families recruit relatives, friends, and parishioners to "partner" with them to purchase PCS gift cards and reduce significantly, in some cases to zero, their tuition bill!
- How can I buy gift cards from PCS?
You can buy PCS gift cards in two ways: immediate or special order.
- The PCS Gift Card Office carries an inventory of the most common and popular gift cards that our families buy, mainly grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, etc. These cards/certificates are available for immediate purchase, and you will receive them immediately upon ordering and paying for them.
- The PCS Gift Card Office also has available for purchase gift cards and certificates that are not carried in stock. These card/certificates are only available through special ordering, require payment upon ordering, and take approximately a one week for delivery. Special orders are placed by the Office on Thursday of each week and generally are delivered the following week. You will be notified when your order is ready for pickup. You must complete the Special Order Form to purchase these gift cards/certificates.